Top 10 Facts you Never Knew about Centenary City Abuja
1. Established in 2014 to celebrate 100 years of Nigeria’s existence. Recall that the Northern and Southern Protectorate was amalgamated in 1914 by Lord Lugard.
2. Senator Pius Anyim, the then Secretary of the Federal Government, during President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GEJ) administration, led that initiative.
3. Centenary City Abuja project was stalled for about 4 years, due to unwarranted politics and interference from few powerful “cabals,” after a change of administration, from Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to All Progressives Congress (APC).
4. Centenary Abuja later underwent 6 EFCC investigations, 1 ICPC investigation, 1 House of Representatives hearing, and 1 House of Senate hearing. In all these scenarios, it was concluded unequivocally that Centenary City Abuja went through Due Process , thereafter, given the green light by Aso Rock to proceed.
5. Alhaji Baba Alhassan Dantata is a “Business Engineer, ” and a man of integrity who played a key role in reviving the Centenary City Abuja project. His passion to help the low to medium socio-economic class and make affordable housing a reality for them made him advocate for their inclusion in the Centenary City Abuja project. Consequently housing projects that can accommodate such groups have been approved, and named Buhari Towers. He is also bringing his passion for Polo to Centenary City Abuja. The Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Centenary City Abuja is Dr. Ike Michael Odenigwe. He is a gentleman, and business genius who has managed investments worth hundreds of millions of US Dollars. Little wonder why he was chosen to manage this project. You may wish to read up his profile below, as reported by Bloomberg, a reputable organization:
6. President Mohamadu Buhari (PMB) issued a directive for Centenary City Abuja project to commence full force, after all the above investigations were concluded. Centenary City Abuja’s endorsement by PMB currently remains the highest level of endorsement by any politician in Nigeria today, and the title on the over 1,264 hectares of land is Certificate of Occupancy (C of O). So any investor in the Centenary City Abuja project should be assured of safe and excellent return on investment (ROI).
7. FRONT RANGE is the Developer of Centenary City Abuja. Led by Jaimal Shergill, the Managing Director, this is a United Arab Emirates (UAE) Real Estate Investment company that has invested over US$40,000,000 so far. They are totally committed in recreating the beauty and magic of Dubai, here in Abuja. And the contract they signed with Centenary City PLC is that they will not only develop the project, they will also manage it to ensure it maintains the UAE standard.
8. Centenary City Abuja is an Economic Free Zone, and regulated by the Nigeria Export Processing Zone Authority (NEPZA) which regulates all Free Zones, including the LEKKI FREE TRADE ZONE. So it is not under the jurisdiction of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja. This is extremely significant to avoid political manipulation, and ensure security of investors funds. Another signifance is that companies whose headquarters are domiciled at the Centenary City Abuja are exempted from taxation. Read more ‘ published by October 25, 2018.
9. The Chairman, Board of Trustees, Centenary City PLC is a Retired General and former Head of State of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, in the person of General Abdusalam Abubakar. He along with other credible Nigerians sit on the Board of Centenary City Abuja. You can, therefore, count on the safety of your investment under Board oversight by a Retired General.
10. Centenary City Abuja is a 10-12 year plan currently gaining investment traction worldwide. It promises to be the foremost Real Estate project Nigeria, and perhaps Africa, will ever realize.
So take this great opportunity by investing into any of our 4 estates within the neighborhood of Centenary City, Abuja International airport and Central Business Area seriously.Show Us Love and Give Us a Follow on Socials