Looking to buy or sell a Property in Nigeria?
Either way, it can be a costly affair. With real estate agents in Nigeria making up to ₦60 billion in commission every year, it’s important to get an agent you can trust.
Since, for most people, the value of their house, represents, their single – biggest, financial asset, wouldn’t it make sense, to carefully consider, who to hire, to serve and represent their best interests, when buying and/ or, selling a home?
A major component of the so – called, American Dream, is often, owning a home, of one’s own, and, often is, when done, in an effective, well – considered manner, but, several people, have had nightmare – experiences, instead, because of making the wrong choices, decisions, or not being informed, well – enough! This is an important reason, it’s significant, to hire the right, real estate agent, for your needs, goals, and priorities, and take the time, and make the effort, to carefully, thoroughly, interview several people, in order to make the finest, possible decision. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 10 things to consider, before deciding, who to hire.
- Agent’s character: Fully examine, and consider, the true level of an agent’s character, including integrity, focus, emphasis, and dedication to meaningful service and representation!
- Marketing/ selling; plans/ planning; reasoning: Listen carefully to the suggested marketing plan, and, the rationale behind it! How would he/she transform this to selling, and/ or buying, the right place? How comprehensive, are the plans, and, is the level of his/her planning, focused on achieving quality results? How well – considered, is the reasoning, and do the plans, include several well – considered, contingency concepts, and approaches?
- Can you work together, as a team?: During the real estate transaction period, you will need to work closely, with your agent! During the interview, think, whether, the individual, you feel, you’ll be comfortable with, communicating, and using meaningful teamwork! Carefully choose the best real estate agent, to meet, and, hopefully, exceed, your needs! Are you ready, to protect your largest, single, financial asset?
- Strong References: Don’t pick real estate agent that lack a proven rate of success. If you’re selling, why commit to 10% if they can’t sell it? Be sure to get good, strong references from previous clients and check their previous sales. And if you’re a buyer, do the same thing. If an agent isn’t making headway with existing clients, and they’ve not sold for a while, you don’t want to be their last resort.
- Listening, rather than talking: While it is true, the sound of one’s own voice, to most, is their favorite sound, this is not a quality, to seek, in your agent! When you are interviewing, seek someone, who effectively listens, thoroughly, rather than dominating the conversation and speaking/ talking about himself (how great he is!), etc. Agents and their clients must proceed, on the same – page, and exhibit the finest, possible level of teamwork!
- The Right Local Knowledge: You need to consider real estate Agent who understand the community you’re living in and can sell it to potential buyers or vice versa. Great schools, good transport links, low crime? A real estate agent with good local knowledge will know these and be able to sell them. They’ll also be able to tell you if it really is a good area to live in if you’re the buyer. If you’re a seller, you’re also likely to see more enthusiasm from a cash buyer, who can complete a sale more quickly than those looking to obtain a mortgage. A well connected real estate agent will know where to find buyers to get a quick sale.
- Self – confidence: The agent, you select, must possess, well – considered, real self – confidence, without letting his ego, interfere, with his behaviors and actions! Beware, because, while one needs a self – confident agent, in order to exhibit quality judgment, and take the finest actions, in a timely manner, there is a big difference between this, and, false bravado!
- Activeness Online: Research shows that 90% of property buyers start their search online. Therefore, your real estate agent should be online as well. A real estate agent that is interested in being found will be on multiple social media sites like LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. They must have a website, & also on several property listing sites/directory.
- Availability: In today’s world life is super busy, and it’s hard to coordinate times with a crazy schedule. Be sure to find an agent that is flexible and willing to meet with you day, night, or weekends depending on your schedule. Real estate agents don’t work a 9-5 schedule. One of the reasons most real estate agents got into the business is for the flexibility. The phone rings (or dings with text messaging) day and night and even weekends. Your real estate agent should be flexible; however, you should still be considerate to their time as well. They still have a life.
- Good Negotiation Skills: Whether you’re buying or selling, you need an agent who can negotiate a good deal. Sellers need someone who can negotiate the right price with a potential buyer. Low ballers are likely, but real estate agents know the true value of properties and won’t be prepared to risk their commission percentage. For buyers, you need someone who can get a good deal and is prepared to negotiate with the other side to get it.
If you’re considering getting an agent for your real estate transactions click this link NOW to get the services of our trusted estate agents.
Show Us Love and Give Us a Follow on Socials